Can the RAM PC2100 mix with PC2700 or PC3200.
The max. MB support is PC2100.
IF can what will happen .

:p :lol:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Anyone can give some ideas or help. 1000 thanks in advance

It can be mixed if the motherboard supports the higher speed RAM. If you mix 2 RAM sticks, both will run at the speed of the slower one...

The motherboard doesn't have to support the higher rated modules - the RAM will just run at a lower speed.

See here for more information.

Will it? But if the mobo doesnt support PC3200 RAM, will it still run it at the speed of the slower RAM? I mean, will the PC3200 RAM even work on such a board? I'm not clear on this...

Will it? But if the mobo doesnt support PC3200 RAM, will it still run it at the speed of the slower RAM? I mean, will the PC3200 RAM even work on such a board? I'm not clear on this...

Yep, it's backwards compatible - it'll just run at the slower speed. I've got a PC3200 stick running happily alongside PC2100 sticks in a KT266A system.

Thanks. Now I know clearly. A lot people also say cannot. I will upgrade my RAM .

Thanks. Now I know clearly. A lot people also say cannot. I will upgrade my RAM .

Take note of the article I linked earlier - more importantly mixing different brands.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.