Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Coconut Monkey

Anyone can give some ideas or help. 1000 thanks in advance

It can be mixed if the motherboard supports the higher speed RAM. If you mix 2 RAM sticks, both will run at the speed of the slower one...

Will it? But if the mobo doesnt support PC3200 RAM, will it still run it at the speed of the slower RAM? I mean, will the PC3200 RAM even work on such a board? I'm not clear on this...

Will it? But if the mobo doesnt support PC3200 RAM, will it still run it at the speed of the slower RAM? I mean, will the PC3200 RAM even work on such a board? I'm not clear on this...

Yep, it's backwards compatible - it'll just run at the slower speed. I've got a PC3200 stick running happily alongside PC2100 sticks in a KT266A system.

Thanks. Now I know clearly. A lot people also say cannot. I will upgrade my RAM .

Thanks. Now I know clearly. A lot people also say cannot. I will upgrade my RAM .

Take note of the article I linked earlier - more importantly mixing different brands.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.