I have an IBM ThinkPad T22. for the life of me i can not figure out why my s-video doesn't display on my TV. I can hook a desktop computer monitor up to the monitor port on it and it works fine. The minute i hook the s-video up nothing displays on the tv. The laptop runs fine doesnt lock up or anything but it won't display on the tv. Is there a driver or program I need to run it? also I have an ifra red port on my T22 do I need a program to run it?

I have an IBM ThinkPad T22. for the life of me i can not figure out why my s-video doesn't display on my TV. I can hook a desktop computer monitor up to the monitor port on it and it works fine. The minute i hook the s-video up nothing displays on the tv. The laptop runs fine doesnt lock up or anything but it won't display on the tv. Is there a driver or program I need to run it? also I have an ifra red port on my T22 do I need a program to run it?

I don't think your video problem is driver-related -- there are only a limited number of resolutions which are supported by the S-video output. Try 640 x 480 first, then 800 x 600, both at 60 Hz vertical refresh. I can virtually guarantee that 1024x768, for example, ain't gonna work.

If you are using the s-output regularly, you may find the free utility MultiRes useful -- it allws a user to switch resolution and vertical refresh on-the-fly.

As far as the infrared, a Google search is fruitful.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.