CondorSpyrit 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,
I am currently building a new PC as the one I have now is a few years out of date. I am getting an AMD-64 processor 939 pin and need a motherboard to support this. Motherboards are one of the only areas of PC's I know nothing about and was hoping someone could give me some advice. I am after a fairly top of the range one so that it will last me a long time (but not too pricey). My only requirements are quite a few pci slots and 4 ram slots. Everything else im after seems 2 be standard. I will be very greatful for any help here and any other advice I might find useful.
I am also interested in upgrading my new PC (when its finished) to windows media centre edition. I have the CD to upgrade my current PC but when I try to install it it says I dont have the right spec. Does anyone know what spec my PC would need to be to install this? I presume the motherboard doesnt affect this? but i would clearly need to buy additional upgrades.
I have posted a few times here before and all you guys who have helped me out were soo helpful. So thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this matter.
CondorSpyrit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.