HI
Friends here some problem.

I have Pc with AMD Processor and i want to change my Processor. Is it possible to change my processor without changing my motherboard?

reply please

Thanks in Advance!

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

What computer have you got? What model of AMD processor is it?

You can change a processor as long it works with your motherboard. If not you have to change a motherboard as well. This depend what brand of computer are you using

You might be able to install a more up-to-date AMD processor, but which or if depends upon the socket it uses. What is the make+model of the computer, and if you know which AMD chip it uses, that would be useful information as well.

If it is the same socket, all that will probably be needed is a bios flash.

And maybe not even that... :-)

Maybe not, but the OP should be made aware. Flashing can turn ones PC into a brick if it goes wrong.

Here's what I recommend. Look on your md, note the mfg and model. Google it, go to the mfg site and print yourself a copy of the Specifications Summary. The CPU info should be first in line. That will tell you what CPUs are available. Compare there to what you have and you should be able to tell if you can upgrade or no. You can Google each processor type listed to determine its ability.

What computer have you got? What model of AMD processor is it?

i have a AMD Sempron but i want to modify my Pc and use latest version of AMD.

You can change a processor as long it works with your motherboard. If not you have to change a motherboard as well. This depend what brand of computer are you using

Thanks for reply

Thanks for reply

You are welcome

You might be able to install a more up-to-date AMD processor, but which or if depends upon the socket it uses. What is the make+model of the computer, and if you know which AMD chip it uses, that would be useful information as well.

Socket :AMD 2 and motherboard : mercury and graphic :
make + model i dont know bur i used Xp os,

You are welcome

have you more knnowledge about AMD?

Thanks i will try

Here's what I recommend. Look on your md, note the mfg and model. Google it, go to the mfg site and print yourself a copy of the Specifications Summary. The CPU info should be first in line. That will tell you what CPUs are available. Compare there to what you have and you should be able to tell if you can upgrade or no. You can Google each processor type listed to determine its ability.

Thanks dear

i have a AMD Sempron but i want to modify my Pc and use latest version of AMD.

Thanks for reply

its not likely that your motherboard will take the latest amd has to offer

I'm not convinced the Op actually wants too caperjack. Probably more interested in post count.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.