hi,
I was using my PC when Suddendly it shut up, when i tried to power on only green light followed by four red blinks light.
No fan vibration just empty CPU, could it be a power failure or what?.
What is the solution.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Could be. Charge your battery first then start it up again. If it does not work your battery might be worn old. You can also use spare battery or use a power cord. Might be also a hard drive failure. I need more infromation.

ok, it is a hp desktop.and i had bought a new cimos battery. i know that fan has the problem or is it possible to replace a new one.when i power on it blinks four times giving out colour red..heat sink does not heat at all.what are the possible solutions to power failure?

sounds like some sort of power failure to me. sound strange... but do you have a lot of USB devices connected to your pc? I have a laptop that does the same thing if I have too much plugged in drawing power through USB on boot

yeah i have several but i dont constantly use them.coz it a desktop.i only use 2port for mouse and flash disk..i will try and replace fan to see if it will work.

hi,
I was using my PC when Suddendly it shut up, when i tried to power on only green light followed by four red blinks light.
No fan vibration just empty CPU, could it be a power failure or what?.
What is the solution.

Try the following to discharge and reset your PC first.

Please unplug the power cord, then press the power button over 15 seconds do not let go.
Then, connect the power cord and power on the PC again.

Reseat the CPU may help as well.

Hope this helps!
Bill
Tech Manager

That is to reset the SMC right, Bill? Poster have not come back for 20 days already:S

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.