Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

If I would go with an i7 2600K what motherboard are people recommending? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

There are a lot of motherboard you can use and Asus is one of them. MSI and Intel have good motherboards too.

or even a gigabyte board like the one you are using now ,i always liked the gigabyte boards of yrs gone bye ,assume there still as good

edit ,just clicked on the link above after i posted above info ,and its all gigabytes ,assumed it was Asus ,

always makes me wonder why they don't just make one board that does it all ,instead of about 10 dozen different ones

Anybody know anything about the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3?

If I would go with an i7 2600K what motherboard are people recommending? Thanks.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and the
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4

There are hardly any difference. What is their price difference?

There are hardly any difference. What is their price difference?

50 bucks.

Then go for this motherboard then

GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4

I am going with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 over the
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 because they are basically the same board but the B3 has no hdmi so I am not buying something I don't need.

XP-UD4 is better than the UD4-B3. Its up to you whether what you want to choose. If you choose budget then by all means select the first one.

I am going with the GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 over the
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 because they are basically the same board but the B3 has no hdmi so I am not buying something I don't need.

i see so many people buying vga to hdmi converts for 100 bucks ,who would love to have hdmi on there board ,some day you might to,one never knows

XP-UD4 is better than the UD4-B3. Its up to you whether what you want to choose. If you choose budget then by all means select the first one.

How is the XP-UD4 better? Those who have this have said the only difference is the addition of the HDMI which I don't want or need as my graphics card will have a much better hdmi anyway.

Forget my post above than choose the B3 one.

But why did you say that is all I ask?

Because my brother use that motherboard before so I am trying to persuade other people to buy it:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.