Hey, I have a Dell Inspiron, about 2-3 years old i believe, and it is run with Windows Vista.
My problem happened as i typed the word 'problem'.
So, for months my computer would be running fine, then suddenly, shut down. Complete shut down. I would restart it, it would bring up startup repair, and it would repair itself. It would to this often though. Lately it had gotten quite bad, but suddenly, i haven't had that for some time.
Now, instead, in the middle of usage, my computer will stay on, but the screen will go black. The most it has stayed black for is about 30-40 seconds, but it is happening often.
This just started two days ago, and I really don't know what to do about it. When it goes black it comes back to the same screen i was on when it went black.

If someone knows some way to fix this, please share, because I have no clue what to do.

Note, I have not talked to the customer support or anybody.

Thank you to anyone who can help, because i am very worried about my computer.

quote="So, It would do this often though. Lately it had gotten quite bad, but suddenly, i haven't had that for some time.".

trying to wrap my pea brain around what you mean ,what time span are you talking .days, hrs, months ??

its 2 or 3 yrs old ,has it ever been cleaned of dust buildup
is it a desktop or laptop computer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.