I have a removable/portable Samsung DVD drive that I want to access from a machine running Windows 98 in MSDOS mode. Does anyone know where I could get a driver to make that feasible?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Microsoft no longer support windows 98 and haven't done for quite some time. I very much doubt you will find a driver for it.

As Rik said, there is no driver for windows 98. Maybe you would like to upgrade your OS to windows 7. it is much better, you can just get the installation disk.

There's no way windows 7 will run on a windows 98 machine. Windows 98 had a maximum of 64meg whereas windows 7 needs a gig or more and that's just for starters.

I have a removable/portable Samsung DVD drive that I want to access from a machine running Windows 98 in MSDOS mode. Does anyone know where I could get a driver to make that feasible?

perhaps there re other alternatives ,what exactly is it you want to use the dvd drive for ,is it for continuous use or just a sort of one time use

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.