Hi,

I have just bought a new motherboard (PCChips: M863 series). I installed everything onto it (same processor as before; AMD xp 1700+, same graphics card etc) exactly as it said in the manual. However, when i switch it on the monitor wont come on. I tried connecting the monitor to the graphics card and directly into the motherboard and neither had any effect. It seems to be running ok as i can hear the hard drive working and all the relavent lights are flashing.
Does anyone have any ideas at all as to why this might be happening? All suggestions will be grately appreciated.

CondorSpyrit.

I guess you have to re-install your system since the mobo is changed, the system will have problem to recognize the new chipest. I just had same experience recently when I change my mobo from 850 to 848. I hope you have back-up your data, or they are not in C:\.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.