it is a dell keyboard. it works until i log in. it is a school computer. it stopped working when i opened the stickey keys command (shift x 5) and clicked random things in options to make the keys make random noises when pressed (didnt work btw, i learned this when the kid next to me did it). now, the keyboard wont work when i log in. it will, however, let me multi select when i hold ctrl. there are student restrictions on the cpus and this dilema only arises when i use this specific computer. i am currently using a click-keyboard. is there any way i can reset the settings?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

A number of keyboards are "user programmable", by hitting various keys. Go to the Dell web site and see if there is a "reset" sequence available to reset the keyboard to factory settings.

A number of keyboards are "user programmable", by hitting various keys. Go to the Dell web site and see if there is a "reset" sequence available to reset the keyboard to factory settings.

didnt work, i dont have enough access

i forgot to mention that the internet has been virtually nazi'd. so lots of sites are banned

Go into the control panel if possible, select keyboard, in there reset the keyboard to default. If you cant get to control panel then you may be out of choices. The next step would be to connect a different keyboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.