Member Avatar for P0lT10n

Hello everyone !

My problem is that the onboard LAN (marvel jukon) stopped working suddenly when I turned on the PC. The LAN has only an orange led on, and the green led is off... the cable is ok. I open the case and looked inside but everything is okey... when I reinstalled the windows server 2008, the same happend, it didnt detected a network adapter, also when the driver is installed... the bios is okey too... what is happening ? What else can i do to test the network adapter ?

The motherboard is an ASUS P5PE-VM.

Thanks everyone !

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello,

have you tried a different cable and did you check both ends for a link light?

Double check the port you are going to on the hub/switch/router.

Internal NIC may be blown.

Hello,

have you tried a different cable and did you check both ends for a link light?

Double check the port you are going to on the hub/switch/router.

Internal NIC may be blown.

Thanks for your replay ! The cable is ok, I connected it to my PC and worked perfectly. What do you mean with the port in my router ? If it worked in my PC with same port on router, I think is the LAN, because the motherboard doesnt detect the LAN onboard, but the BIOS detect it and when I disable it, it stop working... What is happening :(

thanks for answering this thread...

it might be a driver issue,, try update the driver of your lan card or try to put a external lan card to find out that the on board lan card is defective already...

Just buy a new NIC, they are like £5...

Change the LAN and then see what happens

nice idiots...

oh come on ,im sure you could come up with a better comment than that ,well you did say "nice"

so after 6 month how did you fix the issue

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.