If I am installing a newly setup old PC, using hardware from a dead mobo, as an actual example...where's the easiest/quickest way to find a driver to mate the drive and hardware? I've found this is still a bit of a hassle when XP is not using it's builtin online searches, and I also have apprehension from using that fasset on unprotected PCs. I prefer to get the drivers to floppy disk if possible.
I have a PCI communcation problem with a modem card delivered with the T2482 eMachine I think.
BILL

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

REmove and write down all the componets, with their part numbers and the digits on the largest chip, then go to www.driverguide.com

I have a PCI communcation problem with a modem card delivered with the T2482 eMachine I think.
BILL

Have you tried plugging the modem in another PCI slot, some machines are picky about which slot they will work in.

The eMachines T2482 has one of the highest failure rates of any model of any computer with which our company has worked since 1999. The other 14 models of high failure rates are also eMachines units... celeron processor, WXPH. The motherboard failures are so high that some are considering a class action suit against eMachines and now Gateway to get them replaced.

If you have tried replacing the modem, and have tried all three PCI slots without success, it is likely you will need to use an external modem. It is also probable that the entire motherboard will go dead at any time, permanently. Predictions are as high as 40 to 50 percent of that model's motherboards have serious and/or flakey problems than cannot be resolved. If still under warranty, contact eMachines in writing. A motherboard replacement out of warranty is $159.95 plus shipping and technician fee.

My guess is that your current "problem" modem will work in another computer of a different brand. If not, then another modem should work in that eMachines.

Sorry to present possible bad news, but we find it is best to confront the eMachines problem directly.

My problem with my emachine is self-inflicted. I was given a free T5234 by Best Buy to replace an under warranty bad Gateway. I do not like Vista, so I replaced it with XP. Now I have no internet drivers and ECS does not support its motherboard MCP6IPM-AM.

Help, what do I do.

Vegaspetie@aol.com
Vegaspetie@mac.com

in future, find all the drivers and integrate them into a custom xp cd, along with any hotfixes. Use a tool called "Nlite" for this. Makes reinstillations much easier

What did you do to pssss off best buy ,first they sell you a Gateway ,then replace it with a E-Machine /lol!
anyway i suggest you get Everest program ,it should tell you what type of network adapter is in the laptop,and you may then be able to search the net for drivers for it ,.
Everest= http://www.filehippo.com/download/9a382eef69349b01526888d513581c92/download/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.