Hello, I had a question regarding the fan over my processor chip.

About five, six months ago, my computer kept spontaneously restarting and freezing. Took it into the repair shop and they replaced the processor fan. It's froze up twice in the past two weeks and I'm thinking it's because of the chip fan. My computer is on (duh!) and all the other fans are running, but the chip fan is not. I have a small household fan facing the computer to keep it cool, is this a good thing? Will it help? It looks kinda dusty inside, which is my fault because I never clean the inside (I'm too afraid to!). Should that fan be running? How do I check to see if my computer's insides are normal? If I have to clean the fan and the rest of my computer, how do I do it?

Thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Dont Run It With No Cpu Fan It Will Melt (really)
Buy A New One For Like £20 And Use Compressed Air To Blow Out The Dust Reguarly

Dont Run It With No Cpu Fan It Will Melt (really)
Buy A New One For Like £20 And Use Compressed Air To Blow Out The Dust Reguarly

Thanks! After I had looked a bit more into my computer (one of the sides is transparent), I descided to clean it. Blew all the dust out and it works great now!

yeah do it reguarly but make sure you ground your pc (leave it plugged in but ------- OFF at BOTH THE WALL AND THE FRONT------) cos elese all the air rushing causes a static buildup

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.