Member Avatar for powerade661

I am very confused. Built my PC and everything. Drivers are up to date and so is Windows. Interesting thing is, that sometimes when I boot up the PC, it will jump straight into the BIOS and not go from the BIOS to the OS... I have no idea why it does this but it only happens occasionally... I sometimes have to go into the BIOS and select it to boot from my SSD...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

It sounds like it is not recognising the SSD drive initally during the boot. Check in your bios and see if there is an option to add a delay during the boot (usually something about F9 delay if I remember correctly) and add in a 5 sec delay to give your system a chance to see the drive is present. SSD are fast and some motherboards don't know how to handle the fast response. Make sure that you have the SSD on a 6GB SATA if you have one. The only other thing I can think of is SSD's like clean power at the proper voltage. If you have anything else on the same power connector cable try moving them off and putting the SSD at the end of the cable.

Member Avatar for powerade661

Will definitely try this, thanks a lot for replying. I do have a 6GB SATA port which is what it is plugged into, I haven't delayed the boot though. I will see if this remedies the issue. Also SSD is at the end of the cable.

Thanks again,
Zac

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.