i have an old dell optiplex gx60 desktop pc ive been using for about a year now and never had this problem. when i push the power button everything turns on lights fan hd but then shuuts down after 2-3 seconds and then turns itself back on but doesnt give any signal to monitor and doesnt want to shut back down when i hit the power button again anyone have any idea why?

Send it into Dell for repair. If it is under warranty, you can request a pre-paid shipping box for it. When you get it (takes a day usually) then send the computer back to Dell for repair. If it isn't under warrany, you can box and ship it yourself (your expense to ship it), but they will ship it back on their dime.

Advice: remove the hard drive(s) before shipping since they may either be replaced or wiped during service. IE, you will lose all of your data... :-(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.