Hey, I will consider building machine ("server") for which I could install some Linux with Desktop and connect remotely (which I plan to do in likely damn far future between 1-5 years).

I had thought a bit, about where/how/when I can place that server.

I thought about placing all that stuff in "mini-basement" which is in home.
It's cold (not freezing cold) and this will help to keep temperature low and it can stay there undisturbed.
I thought above removing "walls" of computer case leaving only wireframe and only intern, uh, holders for storage, motherboard etc. this would bring more fresh air to hardware

Do you expert have any idea, how I could "improve" or "enchance" my machine (in ways like above). Without paying penny/significant amount of money?

I thought above removing "walls" of computer case leaving only wireframe and only intern, uh, holders for storage, motherboard etc. this would bring more fresh air to hardware

I wouldnt remove the any of the internal frames of the case. If the case is designed properly, the design should be already incorporating the best layout for airflow. If its an inexpensive desktop case, not designed for a server function (continuously powered, various components, etc.. then you may want to consider altering the air flow. Also, removing the case itself allows other unwanted particles in the air to reach the inside components. you should consider filtering the air flow to help your components reach their maximum life.

commented: Good hints. Thank you. +2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.