I have a problem with my computers especially my two cpu. Some days ago they got struck by lightening. When i switch on the computers the cpu powers up normally and the monitor works 100% ok. But the problem is that the cpu does not display on the monitor. Whilst the other cpu display faintly on a background.

Looking forward to your assistance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

1. Use a GOOD surge suppressor - most commercial/consumer ones can only handle a limited number of surges before they become useless. They must be replaced at least yearly - more frequently in areas where there are frequent surges or lightning strikes.
  2. Get a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) that has positive (industrial grade) surge suppression capabilities. That's what I use, and never have had a problem in 10+ years.

In any case, the surge from the lightning strike has damaged your computer(s) and they need to be repaired or replaced. If you are lucky, the data on your discs is still intact, but no promises there without running some tests to verify the file system and data integrity.

Try to use your cpu with other monitor if you see the display on the monitor then your monitor is faulty.
You can use other surge suppressor which is of high-quality.

In any case, the surge from the lightning strike has damaged your computer(s) and they need to be repaired or replaced.You can use other surge suppressor which is of high-quality.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.