Hello everyone,

I was watching a movie on my computer then suddenly a message pop up that flash is updating. When it finished updating, my computer logged off. When it opened again, a black screen with an "underscore" sign is flashing on the left side corner of my computer. My brother plugged out the computer and when we turned it on my computer showed three choices from where I should boot up: flash drive, hard drive and mba(not sure with the last one).It happened 2 hours ago and my pc is still showing that. What should I do?? is it normal? should I just wait for it until it boots??

This is my first time encountering such scenario. Please help me.....

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Go into the bios settings and double check the boot order. If your bios is set to boot on a drive that doesn't contain an MBR you will get that "underscore" flashing in the top left corner. If the settings are correct in the bios, you may have to run a start up repair using the installation disk.

From the sounds of it, it seems to me that you may have a flash drive plugged into the USB port and the BIOS is set to boot from USB first. As 3knur8 said, go into the BIOS and check the boot order, or if you have a USB flash drive plugged into the system, remove it before booting. It is possible that the flash update changed the boot order, causing this problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.