I was transferring large number of files from computer to one of my portable hard disks by copy & paste method when it malfunctioned.
Now I cannot use this external drive. There is nothing important on this drive and is not a SATA drive, although is USB 3.
Please find below details of the errors encountered:
External Portable Hard Disk connects to computer successfully.
• External Drive shows up in Windows Explorer, but has just a drive letter and no details, and when I try to acces it I receive a message: Please Insert a disk into drive J.
• External Drive shows up in Disk Management as a drive as unallocated, with size of disk (i.e. 465.76 GB Unallocated).
• At the moment I cannot use the drive but would like to..
• Can disconnect external hard disk successfully by using: Safely Remove Hardware.
• Name of disk drive (i.e. Samsung P3 Portable USB Device).
• Would the Master Boot Record be corrupted/damaged?, and can it be repaired for further use?
I feel maybe it can be repaired. Maybe the Master Boot Record is corrupted. Although the computer connects this drive nothing can be done with it at present.
Can anyone offer any solutions/advice and/or help.
Thank You David