Soliciting suggestions for new build gaming motherboard. My criteria : ( 1 ) stability ( 1a ) perormance ( 2) Ocing features ( 2a ) warranty support ( 3 ) speed ( 4 ) features. Budget 150 British pounds , 221 Euros , $ 300 US dollars. Thanks in advance

i've read that the chipset of choice is either the 650i and the p965, these have great ocing features. i found the best warranty to be from evga, they offer cross shipping for a small fee when you register your product. you can find the 650i mb for about $100 US. if you want to do sli you can go with a 680i sli, i use this chipset and am very happy with it. evga has about 5 different levels of the 680i ranging from $150 to about $250 US.

Asus Crosshair 250$ USD

or

You should put it off for up to 2 months if possible when the new AMD's come out. (current boards will also drop in price drastically this summer)

this is a very bad time to invest any money in a pc

how about not waiting for the new phenom cuz they wont get here till 1q08

they bumped it back? bah :(... i haven't been watching :\

yeah just heard about it today

i've read that the chipset of choice is either the 650i and the p965, these have great ocing features. i found the best warranty to be from evga, they offer cross shipping for a small fee when you register your product. you can find the 650i mb for about $100 US. if you want to do sli you can go with a 680i sli, i use this chipset and am very happy with it. evga has about 5 different levels of the 680i ranging from $150 to about $250 US.

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I went with Asus P5 N32-e SLIU Plus for now.

Asus Crosshair 250$ USD

or

You should put it off for up to 2 months if possible when the new AMD's come out. (current boards will also drop in price drastically this summer)

this is a very bad time to invest any money in a pc

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I went with Asus P5 N32-e SLIU Plus for now.

how about not waiting for the new phenom cuz they wont get here till 1q08

they bumped it back? bah :(... i haven't been watching :\

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.