Hi, We just got a barebone kit, it's all put together, tried to install windows 2000 and it won't work. It stops after it gets to a certain point when booting up. This is what we just got:

1. ABIT SG80DC Socket 775 Motherboard
2. Intel Pentium D 840 3.2 gGHz 800FSB Socket 775
3. Ultra 512 MB PC3200 DDR 400 MHz CL3
4. Ultra Wizard Black Mid Tower, ATC Case
5. Unltra 500w V-Series PSU Black
6. Masscool 8W0141 B Socket 775 CPU Cooling Fan 3.6 GHz
7. eTrust DNA Migrator & Internet Security Suite

We had a brand new hard drive, dvd drive,etc that we put in it. We are at our wits end. Someone said we can only use Windows XP Pro 64 Bit Software, we can't even find it to buy. Can anyone help us get our new puter up and running? Thanks :cry:

Okay, my mom posted that for me, but she forgot to put that it just reboots, sometimes at the saving settings part of the Windows install. It seems to want to go but it doesn't. Sometimes it just reboots before that. I have it at my friend's house and he's been trying to get it to work, but I think he's getting frustrated with it too. I don't know what it could be. The motherboard, CPU, heatsink and fan, memory, and power supply are new. And the DVD/RW is about a month and a half maybe 2 months old and the hard drive I bought about a week or 2 ago. Can someone please help. I spent a good chunk of change on this and would like to use is A.S.A.P.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.