Hey, I am facing this problem from yesterday and I was just using my pc like normally and I plyggin my wifi adapter and speakers but suddenly a BSOD came and it restarted my pc a few times, I tried the automatic repair but after that my pc won't boot and fans and lights working but dispaly not coming plus mouse and keyboard also not working.
When I reseat the ram after that the pc would boot, but afyer a shutdown it won't boot again.

--Things I did--

1. Removed CMOS and placed back after 5 mins
  2. Check cpu pins all great

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try the solution at https://forums.tomsguide.com/threads/no-windows-no-uefi-just-a-black-screen-and-short-ticking-every-3-seconds.111128/
But at this age board, we try a few things then replace the board and whatever else is required if we have to change to a board that doesn't support the old CPU and RAM.

Also, we always pop in a new CMOS battery at such age because the battery is 25 CENTS in bulk. Troubleshooting low CMOS batteries is many dollars so we never do that. Put in new. Still, once in a while a tech will get upset at popping in a fresh 25 cent battery. Chalk it up to being a new tech?

commented: In my case fastboot is already disabled. I am really confused because I have the same motherboard and same issue, but I can't solve it +0

So the BIOS setting has been changed, the new CMOS battery installed, CMOS values set to default except for fast boot and it fails. The usual is a failed motherboard.

commented: Can't it be the PSU? Cause mine is a chinese PSU and I was already facing no power issue sometimes, like when I press power button nothing happens. +0

No power is also a motherboard function. A Volt meter is used to check if the +5V StandBy is present and then we know the motherboard is the one to call for power on the green wire (see Green Wire PSU Test on google) but hey, if you feel it's the PSU, a little cheaper than most motherboards so why not get a good one?
At the shop the tech bench always has a spare to swap to test for this area. As a PC repair person you can't go far without good spares.

commented: Yeah you are right. I guess I have to take it to some repair person, they might look better into it +0

Hi,

The RAM might not be in the right slots, not likely with two RAM slots and two RAM sticks.
The DVD drive might be faulty if there is one. I take it you've disconnected everything not needed to boot, including USB drives.
Many components like the CMOS battery or power supply only last for 1.5 years. The power supply might not be powerful enough. Can you replace both?
The RAM speed might be too low, can you try RAM that's a higher speed?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.