Hello, I got this problem with my cpu and everytime I play a game called Wolfenstein. the cpu goes all the way to a range of 80-100 % usage. heres a chart

[IMG]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/5320/chartbc8.th.jpg[/IMG]

I had no problems before and I wanted to know if I should buy a new cpu or is there something wrong with the motherboard or ...

heres my specs/ and this is a fresh install of windows xp/

Motherboard: ASUS P5WD2-E Premium
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 6800 xt
CPU: Pentium D 3.0GHz 775
RAM: 2 GB Corsair
Hardrive:10K 36GB(WD main)
Powersupply: 450Watts

I checked the cpu and removed my motherboard cleaned it, unplugged and plugged the power chords. :\

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by goldeagle2005

Try the processes tab instead, there is a column which shows how much of the CPU time each process is using.

yea Im sure its not lying because when I listen to music the sound sounds choppy at random points, also the games are choppy and I wanna know if I should buy a new cpu and that will solve my issue.. :|

no DONT buy a new cpu
there a fiddle and xp priduct activation will fail as you are installing it on a different machine

what does process manager say is using all the cpu time?

ctrl-alt-delete -> processes tab - scroll right and click on "cpu" heading to organise by processor usage

try killing whatever uses all the cpu and see

Do you have the correct motherboard drivers etc....?

ahh thanks guys but this problem has being resolved.. O.O dunno how.. it just did.. kinda weird if you ask me.. sry for the trouble.. and thanks for the advice :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.