Puchu 0 Newbie Poster

Sometime last week I found out that the 'user' key on my logitech keyboard puts my computer in standby when my cat stepped on it. The power and hard drive lights on the front of the computer blinked while in standby. All I had to do was tap the power button and it started right up.

Yesterday I was running out for a while, so I put the computer in standby by pushing that button.

I come back an hour later and found that my computer was on instead of in standby. (power light was solid instead of blinking, hard drive light was solid as well, mounted fluerescent lights on, chassi fans, cpu and video card fans running)

The monitor has no signal. The hard drive is not running even though the light is solidly lit. I moved the mouse around and pressed every key on my keyboard.. nothing happens. Pushed the power button, pushed the reset button, pushed both at the same time, held the power button for 10 seconds, held the reset button for 10 seconds, shut off the power supply and turned it back on.. all I get is nothing. No signal to the monitor, all fans in computer are running, dvd and floppy drives seem inactive though. The keyboard lights up if I push the 'f-lock' key.. but capslock doesn't function. The light on the mouse doesn't turn on when I move it.

But the hard drive light is solidly lit, I'm guessing it's indicating that it's in standby or something. (why not blinking like before though?)

I removed the cmos battery for 15 minutes then replaced it, still no luck. I unplugged the hard drive and tried like that, no luck.

Is this thing stuck in standby permanently? I don't know what else to do.

Motherboard is an Asus P4c800 deluxe.
Windows xp home

I appreciate it.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I get no beeps or post whatsoever.