:sad: My power supply burnt out got a new one and it also fried my motherboard so I also got a new one but now I have error messages and not quite sure what to do now. Can someone help me please. When I first plugged in it said I had a pie e61 message now I have a message saying that the CPU is unworkable or has been changed and I dont know where to go now???? Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you mean PXE E61... that is boot agent error code for not having the network cable plugged in. That is normal if you have nowhere to boot your machine from. (no HD/CD/Floppy/LAN). Boot agent tries to boot from LAN, looking for particular server to boot from. Unless you have Windows server 2003 with PXE image and RIS service on, you have nothing to worry about there.

For that CPU message...

(You'll have to post the specs so I can give you more details- exact Mobo - CPU - BIOS)

Clear CMOS: There is a 3 pin jumper bear the battery. Switch the jumper, wait 15 sec, put it back in normal position.

If that doesn't help: Try entering the BIOS (if possible) and change CPU settings to CPU specs. (Example: Athlon XP 2200, runs default at 1800 MHz - that makes settings 133 MHz*13.5)

by CPU is unworkable or has been changed i think he means windows is complaining.

If he got a new motherboard and his XP came preisnatlled he needs to buy a new full copy of XP ($$$$$$$) as an OEM copy is only valid for the original hardware

Alternatively he might of done something stupid.. YOU DO KNOW DIFFERENT SORTS OF MOTHERBOARDS NEED DIFFERENT TYPES OF CPUS AND RAM RIGHT?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.