when i bought my computer i got a agp motherboard (BIG MISTAKE)
and now i have been using my old ASUS A9550GE 256mb video card while i look for a good AGP video card
what are some good mid range ones to look at?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

when i bought my computer i got a agp motherboard (BIG MISTAKE)
and now i have been using my old ASUS A9550GE 256mb video card while i look for a good AGP video card
what are some good mid range ones to look at?

The 6800GT from nvidia should be pretty decently priced and provide great graphics for gaming.

look into the Radeon X800 pro VIVO

make sure it is the VIVO version, it will give you the most bang for your buck, because it is relatively easy to softmod it to a much more powerful XT PE. I have this, and i have no problem playing top end videogames on moderately high settings.

If you look at tigerdirect that have a decent selection of AGP cards at great prices 256mb to 512mb. I seen a x1600 for $109 after mail-in rebate.

after i posted this thread i had another look at some agp cards,
and i saw a 7800 gs video card which fits agps is it good

I wouldn't recommend it. You get essentially the same performance with the x800 XT PE, for far less, and for even less if you take my route and aren't afraid to mod it.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2686&p=4

as you can see, it's only marginally better than the x800, and it's a solid 150$ more, depending on where you go.

If you have and AMD socket 754-939 system you can easily transition to a PCIe motherboard and open yourself up to a much wider array of video cards -- that way you can have a vast choice of cards thats SM3 capable and later DX10 capability instead of getting stuck with an SM2 spec'ed X800 Pro.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.