I just built this computer a couple days ago, Its an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processer with built in sound and video on the motherboard. I have a spider-man coolant case and an DVD rw/CD-rw drive and a basic disc drive. No one wants to buy windows again, so i took the windows xp hardrive out of my other desktop so i could run it on my newly built comptuer but when I turn it on its gets to the loading screen and then turns blue says some stuff which i cannot read then restarts..
can anyone help me? ive checked all the ram, its fine, and ive checked the video on the motherboard and its fine....

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by caperjack

Most likely cause for your BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) is because the different motherboard chipsets. Going from a Intel chipset to a NForce chipset, for example, usually results in BSOD's. Recommend doing a repair install of Windows. That should flush out the old hardware configurations and install the new ones.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.