Hello everyone,

I've encountered a very nasty problem with my computer and I do not know where else to turn but here, hopefully someone can help me out.

Few weeks ago, I noticed that my computer started taking awfully long to shut down (approx 5 minutes). Since then I scanned my system upside down with NOD32 and Ewido Spyware, everything seemed clean.

However, today I install some new Windows updates and everything went to hell.

Basically, whenever I start up my computer, it shows me the awful blue screen that says the following:

IRQL_NOT_LET_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:

Stop ***: 0x0000000A (0x0A830017, 0x0000000, 0x00000000, 0x804E87FB)

-----

Does anybody have any idea what it could be? I disabled everything on my start up but it did not do me any good. The only way I can use the computer if I log in via the safe mode.

Thank you very much in advance for your help. I'm looking forward to your replies.

Fitts

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

This is the info that Microsoft gives for that stop message. Look at the section that reads "A Stop 0x0A error after Windows XP is already installed".

Have you recently added new hardware or updated any of your drivers?

ahh yes that crazy blue screen of death hua. well anyway about your problem. I ask, what prevents you from booting up normally, is it the blue screen? You know what, besides fixing, i would suggest to just simply insert your OS RESTO disk, or what ever you have, and siply repair the installation.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.