Hi eveyone! I have a mother board issue with a HP Pavillion XT936, or something like that?! The BIOS checks fine but the board will not recognize the CDROM Drives at all. Called HP for the reset sequence and location ofthe CMOS on the board but they were no help. They just kept telling me to send it in for repair and would not divulge the location or the jumper settings for the CMOS. Can anyone help? Thanks

Hi

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

That figures.. The CS just keeps getting better and better.. They are the WALLET MINERS! Plain and simple.. If you dont pay they wont play. What is the issue you are having on your notebook?? ken@ikenfixit.com

Could be a bad drive.. Also.. If its the controller you are in trouble. Does it show in BIOS?

is there a back door password for bios password lost or forgotten to reset password

Just use the instructions here

To yank the battery from the motherboard. It does the exact same thing as pulling the CMOS jumper.

commented: hes right +0

I guess I forgot to ask for a backdoor for forgotten passwords for the HP pavillion ze4900 notebook pc

Newer BIOS chips are soldered to the motehrboard. I found that out after my DV6000 BIOS update failed. There is a crisis receovery method that may work, just search the forums and the web. When mine filed, it didn't power on at all! called HP and they wanted 300 bucks for the repair. searched some more and found aqstech.com sent i to them and they did it for 100 bucks. HP should waive expired warranties when it comes to BIOS failures.

My HP pavilion dv7 is not powering up at all. it just blinks when i press the power button what do you think i should do to resolve the problem. is there any way i could reset the mother board.

Best regards,

i have a hp pavilion dv2000 and i forgot my password to my bios how do i get pass that i tried unplugging the cmos battery and it still didnt work plz help

i have a hp pavilion dv2000 and i forgot my password to my bios how do i get pass that i tried unplugging the cmos battery and it still didnt work plz help

hi, we do not offer such help here you will need to use www.google.com for answer

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.