Hi,

I am using Z611 for past one year. All of a sudden this week printer has started a problem of printing only blank pages. I re-installed the printer with no luck. Any suggestions as what could go wrong?

Thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by clintwilliams

maybe there clogged. try clearing the print heads (do it from the lexmark utility) - this will waste about 20% of a cartridge in the process though.

one more quick update - in my add remove program - on Z600 software it shows a red circle with cross in it. does it mean anything?

Yes that's weird. I uninstalled and re-installed this on my computer and still it seems like that symbol is showing as if that software in not valid or something like that....
Has anyone experienced this kind of problem before?

Thanks.

I have XP on my machine. I installed the driver/software using the CD came with printer so it must be compatible. Infact it did worked before.
Even if I re-install it fresh, it shows as if it is not valid.

Nope, it is 32 bit.
When I install this software, it does not give any error but when I check in add/remove programs it shows as red circle and line across as if it is invalid.

Yest I tried with fresh copy of drivers from Lexmark website and it is still giving same problem. I am thinkning may be XP is messing up something or it could be norton on my machine.

Any news here? i have the same problem here?

but i'm using new 27 cartridge.

Install the printer on another computer and you will know if the problem is the printer itself or your copy of Windows on the original computer.

check connection cable,print a test page is it blank too,connect it to another pc with its own cable adn with another one......if nothig works try to search a driver from wind update......try connect it to another port

I have a Lexmark Prospect Pro205, It used to work perfectly up until one day when I printed a page it was blank.

I then got a brand new Printer head and a new set of cartridges(Yes I have removed the seal) but still whenever I print not even a dot of ink on the page????????

How can I fix this????????? The printer has never been dropped or misused.

Clint
clintwilliams@ovi.com

Please help

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.