Ok, I have a dell laptop 1 year old E1505 model.

it came with 512 megs of ram and ran super slow with vista so i decided to buy 2gigs of kingston pc25300 667mhz DDR ram.

I just got the ram today and put it in the PC, it registers and shows i have 2038 megs of ram now. The problem is it shows it running at 533mhz????

I paid for 667mhz why is it not running at this speed? I also then ran cpu-z test to show the ram speed and it said pc25300 and 333mhz? WTF??

thanks! :)

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

hi,

try resetting the BIOS..see if it works..Vista got a lot of issues....try using your RAM in other PC which doesn't run Vista ..if still the same then it could be your Ram is faulty..

Is the motherboard compatible with 667mhz ram? If its not that might be why it shows 533Mhz. Is you ram Dual Channel and or DDR2? If it is thats why CPU-Z is showing 333 mhz I have 800Mhz DDR2 DualChanel ram installed but it shows I am using 400mhz but in the BIOS it states that its running at 800mhz.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.