Was hoping to get some help with my cd burner. It will let me read what is on a cd but when I go to burn a cd it says there is either something on a blank disk or does not see the blank disk in the burner at all and keeps saying to put a disk in. I have a compac presario, not sure if this is a driver issue. Please let me know what you need to know from me to get going on some much needed help with this trouble. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What program are you using for burning?

It's not nero, is it?

What program are you using for burning?

It's not nero, is it?

I have tried bothmy cheetah burner and windows media player burner and both will not allow mt to burn.

your cd burner what are the spec, is it cd/rw +- or just + or - and what thype of mediat are u using, some time if u use a cd that is a minua or plus only your burner might not read it.

Thank you for the reply bobby, I have a cd rewrite and have had no trouble buring cds when we had xp on here because it recognized everything and ME does not seem to recognize my hardware I even had to find the drivers for my sound card because ME doesn't recognize it. Im thinking I have to open my tower and get the cd rewrite info off it and look for different drivers, do you think this may help since I know there was nothing wrong with it burning when we had a trial xp on here and now that I had to put ME on here we have these issues?

Win me is THE worst opearting system ever created. this was a desperate try by bill to change 95. u might have to install driver for your burner for it to work correctly on me. as for the spec u can see this on the front of the drive it will tell u what type of media it can burn

Thanks bobby because what I was trying to do is something that is not foreign to this burner and has done it hundreds of times, I was burning mp3's and wma and and other stuff that I have had no trouble doing before. Ill just get the burner info, I think I have had this trouble before but its been so long since I had to use ME that I cannot remember if this was an issue but it seems to be a familiar memory lol. Signing off to check into this burner. Will let ya know if I resolve this with new drivers once I get specs, thanks again!

You can find out what driver you need on the internet some providers scan your computer and let you download drivers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.