I've been trying to connect to the internet in fedora core 1 but I get this error that the modem can't be found. Do I need some kind of a modem driver to be able to connect to internet ?Here is the modem that I use in windows:

SoftV92 SmartSpeakerphone Modem

it is attached to COM3.

Can anybody please help me out here.Thank you. :?:

i use fedora 3 myself, but would expect a lot of fedora 1 to still be part of the distro.
check out anything on the subject of winmodems, which are modems lacking full hardware to do the job, which is done by emulators. these apparently are software replacements for the missing hardware
which allows these modems to operate in the windows environment. it would seem that the best move would be to get yourself a serial port hardware modem, it works on my machine no problem.

I've been trying to connect to the internet in fedora core 1 but I get this error that the modem can't be found. Do I need some kind of a modem driver to be able to connect to internet ?Here is the modem that I use in windows:

SoftV92 SmartSpeakerphone Modem

it is attached to COM3.

Can anybody please help me out here.Thank you. :?:

help help help help help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.