Hi,

Pc Shows this messeage Window media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device.There may not be a sound device installed on your pc .It may be in use by another program or it may not functioning properly . two to three time reinstalled its sound drivers .

I would check IRQ and also uninstall any additional software that was added with the soundcard drivers.

Do you use XP or Vista?

Anyway I would uninstall the drivers to the soundcard. After that run the install drivers to "unknown device" in device manager. This would install the needed drivers.

Anyway this looks like problem HD sound drivers similar as I had.

Please add more info:
Worked before?
Sound HW name:
Is OEM from manufacture?

Hi,

Pc Shows this messeage Window media player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device.There may not be a sound device installed on your pc .It may be in use by another program or it may not functioning properly . two to three time reinstalled its sound drivers .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.