I set up Fedora 15 about 20 days ago. I had run some Shell programs also.But now my monitor does not show any thing on screen on it.I have tried for 2 days.The signal light of the monitor is turned on, but nothing is coming on screen.
Can you say what is the problem and what to do now?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If the system is still running you can get to an alternate login screen by using <CTRL> <ALT> <F2> or F3 F4 F5 etc.

If the system is still running you can get to an alternate login screen by using <CTRL> <ALT> <F2> or F3 F4 F5 etc.

Ihave pressed those key. But no response. After pressing those keys the light(signal of turned on) has been turned off.
Nothing is on the screen. What is problem?

Could be in sleep mode. If there are not activity lights showing the disk drive doing anything and if moving and/or clicking the mouse or hitting the shift or ctrl keys on the keyboard does nothing then I would say power it off and back on again and see what happens.

Member Avatar for nicentral

Are you getting anything when you boot the computer? Do you get to the login screen and after you login the screen goes blank?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.