Hi
I nees answer for this questions

1.In Linux, what describes hdb2? Choose all answers that apply. Selecting an incorrect option will give minus points!

A) [-1.00] Refers to the first disk.
B) [1.00] Refers to the second disk.
C) [-1.00] Refers to hard drive number 2.
D) [1.00] Refers to the second partition.
E) [-1.00] Refers to the fourth partition on the disk

2.What is the major difference between a Windows .dll file and a .exe file?(one question is right here)
A) [0.00] The .dll file does not contain any executable code.
B) [1.00] There is no major difference.
C) [0.00] The .dll file contain mapped addresses of executable code.
D) [0.00] The .dll file contains all of the executable code for a program.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

i think the answers are
1=D not 100% on that one
2=A&C me thinks

i think my answers are correct but actually im just guessing .lol

The answers given by the OP are correct, that is, 1: B & D and 2: B. The explanation is as follows:

1) The Linux naming convention for hard-drives has the first two letters to identify the kind of hard-drive it is, usually "hd" for normal hard-drive and "sd" for a SATA-connected hard-drive (as opposed to the old IDE connections). The letter after that is just an alphabetic order letters to identify the drives (a: first, b: second, etc..). And then, the number is the number of the partition. Thus, hdb2 is in a "hard-drive", it is in the second physical hard-drive, and it is the second partition of that hard-drive. Thus, the answers are B and D.

2) Both a DLL and an EXE contain executable code, so, (a) is false. Both a DLL and an EXE contain mapped addresses of executable code (i.e., exported symbols, as they are usually called), so, (c) is false. And a DLL does not necessarily, and almost always not, contain all the executable code for a program, so, (d) is false. By process of elimination, (b) must be the correct answer because it is quite true that there is very little difference between a DLL and an EXE, in fact, the differences are quite trivial, just a flag that is different (to tell the OS whether it is a EXE or a DLL), and the fact that an EXE is expected to have a main() function while a DLL is expected to optionally have a DLLMain function, that's all that is different between the two. The difference is really only in the way they are used and the way they are generally loaded: executables are generally loaded on their own by the OS (to start executing a program), while a DLL is generally loaded by an existing process and is loaded into a shared address-space with that process. You can load an executable (EXE) the same way you load a DLL, and it will work. I don't know if it works to "execute" a DLL, provided that you put a main() function in it, but that wouldn't be too far from reality.

@OP: What is your question?

its back to school for me .lol and this time im gonna listen

mike_2000_17 Thank so much for your explain and thanks caperjack for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.