Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I hope someone can help me out. I am very into computers and love messing around with them, and have been learning about them for years. However, I have never actually made a device or anything of my own and would really like to have at it.

What I would like to do is make some form of a device that has a screen and connect to the internet, and can accept pictures from me, whether it's from computer or from a cell phone, whichever would be easiest I suppose. I want these pictures to, once received, popup on the screen. There would be buttons to click through the pictures, perhaps built into the device somewhere or below it, or even a mouse, I don't really care, it doesn't have to look pretty just yet.

Basically, a simple rundown of it would be to have me send a picture to this device through the internet, it popup on the screen, and you can click through the pictures. I don't want any other functionality, I simply want a picture viewer. I think this would be a cool little device to have made, even if it looks like crap and doesn't serve much of a purpose, it would still be fun to have accomplished it.

Now, I know that's a very vague description, but it's the general concept. I am just 100% lost when it comes to actually starting up the project. What do I need? Some form of linux operating system that can be used to strictly be set as a picture viewer and accept wireless signals? A harddrive to store the pictures, or perhaps a flash drive (since it doesn't really have to store too much information). I know there are linux distributions that can be run through flash drives, but I don't know if that's even the right start to my idea.

If this doesn't make sense, please let me know, I would like to try and clear it up more and, even if I can't do it, I would like to at least make a good attempt.

Thanks for all your time

u r really a novice for this job..

a full complete solution for your query is .. already in market .. u can buy it and u can edit /create write own programs with it..
if only if u need at little much cost and even u can use it as ur phone ..
its IPHONE or ITOUCh

and aslo an open source not hardware but software provided os is android ..
use it to full fill your dreams..

if u rally wanna to learn from basic ..
if u r not a electronics or computer genie.. its time consuming .. u better stay were u r..
if u r ready learn rtos,embedded ,open source linux platforms and abt texas boards to start prototyping..

if u feel this is discouraing sorry..
but life is short ..go in your own.. electronics needs ur full brain/..

CHECK www.embedds.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.