I have installed wireless assistance in fedora 14.problem is it shows error like this "No usable wireless devices found"

what's this error? how can I rectify this?????

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Is your wireless (WiFi) a USB device, or is it a PCI card?

i use wifi usb device, at usually it call wif modem :D

The prime issue here might just be the date of your hardwear in consideration to the driver pack avail with the new release. A usb wireless is a thing of the past so community effort for supporting it is probably the real enemy here.

looks like you are not alone...
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=259001

most new hardware will get mounted. if yours is outdated then you might have to mount it yourself.

most new hardware will get mounted. if yours is outdated then you might have to mount it yourself.

What are you on about? You don't mount a device, you mount a filesystem. Mounting has nothing to do with this situation

On konsole type : lsusb
in my laptop

BeLocus.com $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0bda:8189 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187B Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Adapter
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1bcf:0007 Sunplus Innovation Technology Inc. Optical Mouse
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 106c:3702 Curitel Communications, Inc. Pantech PX-500
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.