down vote
favorite

Please, I am have been having problems installing NS2 and BonnMotion. I am running openSUSE Tumbleweed (20160812) (x86_64) and I keep running into the g++c++ error: CXX=g++-6.1: No such file or directory make: *** [Makefile:103: libotcl.so] Error 1 otcl-1.14 make failed! Exiting ...(after editing the makefile.in)I have tried reading a lot about it on line and noted that its a compatibility problem but my challenge is, I cant remove the latest version without having issues and how do I install an older version that can allow the ns-allinone-2.35 version? Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I looked at BonnMotion and it is Java based and not something you run through make. I'd get back to their website about how to install.

You can build Java apps via Make, assuming you instruct the Makefile to use the javac compiler and not C/C++, but these days Ant is most commonly used to build Java apps; however, Ant can be called from a Makefile. I did this all the time at Nokia.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.