hello dear friends I wnat to know hos is security involve under Mac OS especially security of the hardware
thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Additional Legal Rights for Consumers
For consumers, who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by Apple's One Year Limited Warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to these additional rights.

I don't understand your question. What are you asking here? How secure is the hardware?

Are you referring to drive encryption, exactly what do you mean by hardware security?

I want to know how does the system protec the Hardware

The systems has nothing to do with the hardware other then perhaps encrypting the entire hard drive.

There is software that can help if the laptop is stolen like 'prey'.

There is software that can report on the health of the system, checking for disk problems etc...

What exactly are you looking to 'protect'?

Encryption refers to the process by which certain files, or the entire HArd drive is 'scrambled' so that the contents could not be read without the proper credentials.

MAC includes filevault for this. It does the job and is integrated into the OS. IF you lose the credentials, you cannot read the HD or its contents.

Truecrypt is an opensource alternative for that same purpose. If you are on MAC, look at filevault and understand what it will do before you activate it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.