Can anyone please help, I can't seem to get anything happening with iweb, there are no options for adding a new page or templates or anything! I have tried everything and have finally resorted to reinstalling it and i still get nothing. I have seen others that have had this issue but I cannot seem to resolve it. :!:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi there, Thanks for the quick response. What it was, i could not even get what you have saved as a screenshot up. All the options to create a new page or site were greyed out, as were the options to input a template. I have actually since resolved the issue by launching iphoto and sending a pic through to iweb. App this helps to "waken" the menu options! app this is a common problem with that software and macbooks.

Thanks for your help anyway!

What do you mean exactly? Doe iWeb not look like this when you start it up?
[IMG]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8453/picture1rj4.png[/IMG]

Or are you having problems installing new iWeb templates? I don't quite understand your problem.

Glad to hear it's working, although I can't say I've ever heard of a problem like this before...

Hi there, Thanks for the quick response. What it was, i could not even get what you have saved as a screenshot up. All the options to create a new page or site were greyed out, as were the options to input a template. I have actually since resolved the issue by launching iphoto and sending a pic through to iweb. App this helps to "waken" the menu options! app this is a common problem with that software and macbooks.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Same happened to me last night. All the menu was greyed out apart from the CLOSE option. I tried to remove the 'domain' iWeb file and the .plist file then restart the mac but same thing. The only menu option that was available was CLOSE. Anyway having searched many many forums I came accross your post and was glad to see that somebody had experienced the same problem.

And thanks to you I managed to get it to work again by opening iPhoto, seleceting a picture then creating an iWeb blog page with the iPhoto link. As soon as I had this the I could then open my 'domain' iweb file and copy in my old web site backup. All works perfectly now. I am sure this is an iDisk sync error IMHO.

Thanks anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.