Member Avatar for andavari

Well, I'l start off with my system specs...

I have an Acer Laptop, Aspire 3100 2.5GB Ram, AMD Sempron 3500+ 1.79GHz, Windows XP Home Service Pack 2, version 2002.

Now onto the problem:

I have a wireless internet connection and I am using the Belkin Wireless G Router #F5D7230-4. I am on channel 10 using mixed wireless mode (11b&11g) with protection enabled and turbo mode enabled. Now, I download loads of things every day. I would say I download around 9 - 10 GB of data per day on average. Whether I'm using FlashGet or IE to download what I'm downloading, after a GB or so of downloads, the laptop loses its connection to the wireless signal. I have to mahually go into the router's setup and reset the router for the signal to be re-broadcast. I'm exhausted of having to do this multiple times per day and it's becoming a huge hassle. When the connection is wired, it doesn't disconnect of course. Anyone have any ideas at all? I'm out of ideas at this point...

Gamal

P.S. Thanks for your help in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Doors in the house opening or closing? People passing in front of the antenna? You bobbing around on your chair in just the wrong place?

That sort of thing, perhaps?

Could be that, no one is in front of the doors, no moving or bobbing, nothing out of the ordinary. Just sitting in one spot, randomly cuts out and the router has to be reset. Even in other parts of the house, no difference. Do you think changing the channel would make a difference?

Could be that, no one is in front of the doors, no moving or bobbing, nothing out of the ordinary. Just sitting in one spot, randomly cuts out and the router has to be reset. Even in other parts of the house, no difference. Do you think changing the channel would make a difference?

it might , cordless phones can interfere ,they operate the same way,cant hurt to try different channel,

I will, thanks for your help all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.