Everything was fine until yesterday. I am running 98SE with all the upgrades and stuff. I keep getting an error message that there is something (never the same thing) wrong with a script every single time I go to a page. This page did it twice. I also have a website, polski8.suddenlaunch.com and the site itself is telling me that my browser is not compatible with their features. I have re-installed java and IE. I have tried to ask Microsoft, but you know how that is. Every one of their pages gives me 4 or 6 script errors in a row. I have run all sorts of tests. I have un-installed and re-installed a second time. I checked all I know to check. Someone told me to upgrade my directx and someone else told me upgrade my javascripting engine. How do I upgrade an engine? I though javascript was a language, and the error I got on my own page said that activex couldn't interpret a command line in javascript, did I want to continue running scripts on that page, and when I clicked no a couple of times, my own site said I was on an incompatible browser. The provider keeps saying it's my fault. What do I do?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Welcome to the site :)

You can try to disable being notified of script errors....

Goto INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED

Make sure "Disable script debugging" is checked and make sure "Display notification of every script error" is UNCHECKED!!

If that doesnt work you can try this:

Goto Internet Options/Programs/RESET WEB SETTINGS (This will reset IE to default)

If nothing works you can always restore your registry to before this started happening:

1) Turn on your computer and press F8 until a menu appears

2) Select option 5 (Command Prompt)

3) Type this: scanreg/restore

4) Pick an entry from BEFORE THIS STARTED!!

I hope one of these works for you...........

You have IE6 right?

Good luck!

Hey this is a nice tweak .. thanks !!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.