Hello, Im having a trouble with my monitor and speaker.
1st, my monitor: sometimes, my monitor won't show anything. It's just like it's off but the monitor light is ok, the light's color is yellow (just like normal). I need to turn it off and on to make it function. The cables are tight. I tighten it everytime this happens. Though, the cable that connects the monitor and CPU has one missing pin. I only have 14 instead of 15.

2nd, my speaker: sometimes, my speaker is functioning well. Most of the time, it won't. When I listen to music, the music will hang. I can't even see videos properly. Like the one in youtube, I can only watch up to 2 seconds then it pauses.

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

1) I would check the Device Manager to make sure you arent having any issues with the drivers. (start>control panel>System>hardware tab>device manager) check the list to see if you have anything lit up in yellow.
2) That moitor cable does sound a little suspicious.
3) Or possibley it is the power saving option? It can be adjusted through Windows (display properties, screen saver - Power Settings) and there are BIOS power saving options as well.

Just a few ideas

ABOUT the speakers ,why do i have a feeling that there is no problem? the reason why it seems to pause on youtube is because the video is streaming. do they behave the same way when you're playing videos stored on your computer? if they behave the same way when playing stored videos then there is a problem. and you should do as the last person suggested. thanks and good luck.

Like the one in youtube, I can only watch up to 2 seconds then it pauses. ?

you must be on dialup!

oukno:
I don't see any lights. How does the power saving option not turn the monitor on? I've adjusted it to make the monitor on when needed.

c-tech:
the videos in youtube are already fully streamed. That and I can only hear annoying sounds

oukno:
I don't see any lights. How does the power saving option not turn the monitor on? I've adjusted it to make the monitor on when needed.

Make sure you have the right driver for the specific monitor & video card installed that you are using that may help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.