You know how large manufacturers like hp and toshiba, as well as others have a fast and simple recovery partition built in, that can reinstall windows and drivers, as well as built in software in 20 minutes or less? How can i do that on a build your own pc, that is not manufactured by a company? Does it need any extra software, and if so, which ones? This will be a great help, because reinstalling windows takes a while, and uploading drivers is a heck of a pain!! Examples of manufactured recovery software include recovery partitions from hp like recovery manager, etc. That is what i am looking for. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can create an image of your entire system with vista's Backup and Restore Center, which you can save to a hard drive or burn to one or more dvds.

There are also 3rd party solutions like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image.

can you do this an any vista version?

Yes, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate.

Oops ! My bad, Backup Entire System feature is NOT available in Vista Home Basic or Home Premium editions.

that's what i thought!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.