:cry: S.O.S CAN ANY 1 HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE A HP PAVILION XG833 WITH 98 AND ME ON IT I CANT GET IN TO WINDOWS I REFORMATED AND EVRY THING IT TELLS ME MY IOSUB.SYS. IS CORRUPTED I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP WITH THIS ;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hmmm. Did you actually reformat the hard disk or did you just reinstall the OS from a CD?? If you did the latter then some of the file may have remained intact while your system was being returned to it's original settings. If you formatted the disk all the references to the files would have been deleted so when you installed the OS again it should have been a fresh IO.sys.

Another option is to remove all the partitons by creating a boot floppy and using fdisk. Then just create some new partitions and start from there. You could also overwrite the corrupted files by copy the ones on the boot disk across.

Hope this helps.

i have tryed all ur ideas no luck and yes i reformatted my hd and to no such luck it still says iosubsys. corrupted, i tryed to use recover cd befor format and after nothing i have a 98 boot up floopy disk that still aint help i even went as far and gone in and try to add the files 1 at a time and most of the files i need are not found and ty for ur help

all so i went back and enter every file again step by step and it said these files were not found 1.origsmartvsd.vxd 2.ncrc710.mpd 3.ncrc810.mpd 4.chklist.ms 5. amsint.mpd i keep coming up with mpd files not found and after i entered them all i rebooted and did step by step command and at the end it said windows graphical user interface yes or no i hit yes and my system just shuts down but if i say no i just get
C:> PLEASE WHAT SHOULD I DO

Check your power cable to see if there's a loose connection. If there is then that could have corrupted the file. If you don't have a loose connection then I suggest getting a new hard drive. They're very cheap now.

Hope this helps.

:cry: S.O.S CAN ANY 1 HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE A HP PAVILION XG833 WITH 98 AND ME ON IT I CANT GET IN TO WINDOWS I REFORMATED AND EVRY THING IT TELLS ME MY IOSUB.SYS. IS CORRUPTED I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP WITH THIS ;)

try a boot from the floppy and on prompt A: type sys c: and/or copy *.* c: it might help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.