I configure something wrong in windows XP through gpedit.msc and restart the computer after that 80% of services of windows are stopped I tried manually to start that services but group dependencies services error 1068 comes. Then I saw that RPC service is also stopped then I try to start it but u could not start RPC service on local computer access denied error 5 comes. I am not even go to the properties of services to check that what's the prob. Now Lan, Audio, taskbar and lots of other things r not working. Plz look into this matter ASAP.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I actually cannot guess what you have done... is svchost.exe running... can you see instances of it in task manager/processes? I actually don't know if windows can even start without it, and I don't know how you could interfere with it via gpedit.... but...

svchost.exe is running

start/accessories/system tools and do a system restore back to the a day before you used gpedit to change SomethinG.

start/accessories/system tools and do a system restore back to the a day before you used gpedit to change SomethinG.

Thanks to all who reply to my Thread but I solve this prob myself just to replace these files (svchost.exe n explorer.exe)

you may have the blaster worm, that messes with RPC

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.