kpack08 0 Light Poster

Hi all need some help,
I have a thinkpad T60p running windows xp pro and it was working fine just before I installed ZONE ALARM PRO(got a copy form a friend) need less to say after the installation it asked me to restart the pc to complete installation. Unfortunately after it restarted I typed in my username and password (the same as I always do) the system just stuck on the login screen and did not move from there all night. I awoke this morning and found the system still on the login screen. I decided to try to start the system in safe mode but it asked me for a username and passwrod so I typed in the one I always use and it also did not work. I also tried selecting the option "start windows in the last known good configuration" it brought me back to the login screen I typed in my username and password and it started loading. thinkvantage user enrollment fingure print software then poped up with 2 options (next and cancle) if i select next it asks me enter my password in which case I do then a error pops up (Passport name "Domain\MyUserName" cannot be used for new passport) I the hit cancel and it says "windows is logging off" "saving your settings".
I wanted to try restoring form a back up but I am not able to get to R&R screen after hitting the blue thinkvantage botton while prompted to on the startup screen. Instead I get 4 other options.
1)ESC to resume normal startup
2)F1 to enter the BIOS utility
3)F11 to diagnose hardware or recover your system(after selecting this option it tells me NTLDR is compressed Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart so I do and it restarts all over again)
4)F12 to choose a temporary startup device
I am in way over my head. can someone help me to get my system backup and running? I am all out of option and my computer is useless right now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.