Is it okay if I delete an application (without unistalling it) and then can i remove it from the registry??? :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

yes if you're careful but wouldn't it be easier to uninstall? e.g. via add/remove in the control panel?

edit: personally I use easycleaner: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download414.html
Note that this is not a download endorsed by the forum. I've used it a few times and not had any problems. Beyond that you use it at your own risk.

The difficult part is FINDING all the registry references ;) Removing programs the way you describe is a silly procedure. Using Add/Remove programs is far more sensible, and the use of a decent Uninstaller program to monitor your istallations and ensure that every trace is removed wieh uninstalling is the best procedure of all.

It is not only the registry that matters ... some programs do have some changes in the system files .... you can use system mechanic to track changes in the registry and your hard drive ...

What happened was i deleted most of my applications without uninstalling then coz it would take more time if I uninstalled them separately.

Then you have a helluva mess, and if a Registry cleaner (like the relevent part of System Mechanic) doesn't fix it all for you, then your best option is to format and start over.

Deleting all those programs was a bad move!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.