I am trying to install JAVA JRE so I can run a program. But when I try downloading it it says Installer cannot proceed with the current proxy settings. I change the LAN settings as they promted me to but it asks for the address and port number which I do not know. How do you know what they are and if that does not work what else could be the problem?

I cleaned out my computer and removed the original java program that I am now trying to reinstall along with other programs I did not need. Could I have removed something I needed?

Thank you so much for your time and help. I really appreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I am trying to install JAVA JRE so I can run a program. But when I try downloading it it says Installer cannot proceed with the current proxy settings.

Have you tried downloading the "offline" version instead? It's about 15MB, but I have found that it's a more reliable install. The new version (1.5.0) is available, too. Look for the Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language download link.

yes - i have tried the offline version. I tried downloading the program from a different site for my school online course and it seemed to work but when I went back to use it with the program I originally used it with it keeps giving me this error. So I tried downloading the program again and it gave me the same proxy settings error. I do not know what settings could have been messed with, but before my computer was played with, the program was working fine. Could something have been unchecked or deleted when it comes to my settings? What should my settings be?

Did you try to log in as administrator or administrator right with locally or network administrator if ur pc is in network. I also faced this kind of problem last time but when I log in as local administrator then it's works. May be ur profile need to rename it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.